Lyon & Beaujolais tour
Day 1 : Arrival & Glimpse of Lyon
Day 2 : Fourvière hill
Visit Fourvière basilica ans its religious art museum.
Enjoy a meal in a peaceful old coventry from 1854
Visit Gallo-Roman museum that explain Lugdunum city origins. Roman Theaters are also noticeable in Fourvière hill.
After having learn so much about Lyon origins, enjoy its traditionnal gastronomy in our favorite bouchon lyonnais in Vieux Lyon neighbourhood.
Day 3 : Arts in Lyon : Silk industry & crafts
AM 2 choices :
-visiting the beautiful “Musée des Beaux Arts” (paintings, sculptures)
-learning with a craftman or cooker (cooking class, cosmetic or soap making)
Explanation of the silk industry in Lyon : demonstration of traditionnal machinery still working at La Croix Rousse, demonstration of Lyon handcrafted work and visit of stores.
Sightseeing of Lyonnais painted walls such as le mur des Canuts.
Day 4 : Vieux-Lyon and peninsula areas
Place designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Let’s see Saint Jean cathedral and old medieval lanes.
You will be initiate to secret short cuts across streets and their stories during past centuries.
Take time to vist one of this area museum according to your desire. Choose between : Gadagne museum, Guignol museum or movie and miniature museum.
In the afternoon, move to the peninsula and go inside Saint Martin D’Ainay basilica with our explanation of how this place was important back to the ninth century and which powerfull king stayed here.
The so-called “Musée des tissus et des Arts Décoratifs” is also worth seing (collection of fabrics and old dresses)
To end this day, enjoy a dinner cruse.
Day 5 : Beaujolais excursion
Leave from Bellecour square with our guide and enjoy a full day in Beaujolais countryside :
– Wine cellar visit with tasting
– Vineyard visit with explanation of wine-grower work.
– Sightseeing of a village labels as one of the most beautiful village of France : Oingt.
Day 6 : Local feast and French market
Let’s see and enjoy a traditional local feast around Lyon. While tasting local products and seeing local arts and crafts, you will enjoy a cheerful day with French people.
To end this day, relax in a spa.
Day 7 : La Part-Dieu & La Tête d’Or areas
Let’s see, taste and enjoy those activities or places :
– Lyon Paul Bocuse covered garden
– Tête d’Or parc with a botanic garden, a zoo and a rose garden
– Brotteaux ancient train station trasnformed in a gastronomic restaurant by Paul Bocuse team
– Hand crafted workshop of stained glass
– Contemporary Art Museum in Cité internationale
Day 8 : La Confluence
Get in a cycle-taxi to ride from Bellecour to Confluence along the river.
Visit Confluence museum and go shopping to the brand new department store named Confluence.
Enjoy your last night in Lyon before leaving.
Day 9 : Last shopping time & Departure
Lyon- Beaujolais 9 days tour includes :
- 8 nights booked in your accommodation choice
- Museum Pass
- Silk workshop visit
- Wine cellars visit and tasting
- 1 meal cruise
- 1 hands-on activity : cooking class / soap-making / cosmetic making
- 1 local feast
Spa, & restaurants booking
Transportation from Lyon train station or airport to your accommodation at arrival and departure
Other options :
- Lyon guided tour in your lnaguage
- Car rental or car with driver
- Longer stay available